Downtown Vision Centre is Open & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You Should Be Taking
- Both staff and patients will wear face coverings during the encounter. Please come in wearing a mask to your appointment. Also bring a pen from home to use on paperwork.
- Physical distancing: We have removed some of our reception area seating to allow for increased distancing. When at all possible, we will respect the 6 foot distancing suggestion.
- Reduced number of people in the office: If you arrive and the door is locked, please call from your car to let us know you are here. NOTE: We ask that you come alone to your appointment unless the patient is a minor or in need of a care giver.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Careful screening: All persons entering the office, including staff, will be screened for COVID-19 risk, and their temperatures will be taken. If the temperature is over 100.4, they will be asked to see their primary care physician.
- Appointments will be scheduled further apart to allow for additional cleaning of the examination rooms.
- We will accommodate up to two people in the dispensary at a time. Should you require additional time for frame selection and the next scheduled patient arrives, we will be happy to reschedule additional time for you. All frames will be sanitized before being returned to frame boards. Glasses dispenses will be scheduled to minimize contact with others in the dispensary.